You might think that since I shop for a living, that I shop for myself all the time too. But in reality, it is the exact opposite. When I am shopping for clients, I am 100% focused on them and their needs and during a busy time like now, it doesn’t leave much time to shop for myself. So, when the Legends Outlet Mall and H&M invited me to come out to the new H&M store to do a little retail therapy, I of course obliged. And, it was perfect timing since I LOVE to shop for vacay and Scott and I just happen to be going to the lake for Memorial Day weekend!
Through my personal style journey, I’ve discovered that my style is a mixture of high/low fashion. This means, I love to invest in classics but, I also love trends. Trendy clothing by definition means it is something that is “trending” and typically doesn’t stay in style forever. For those trendy pieces, I look to places like H&M, where I know I can find lower priced pieces that don’t NEED to last a lifetime. I am perfectly happy wearing them for a season or two and won’t be upset if they wear out quicker because they won’t be in style that long anyways! Pairing these lower-end, trendy pieces with higher-end investment pieces is totally MY JAM. I love this shopping strategy because I still have a closet full of well fitting investment items, but I can rotate some trendier items in and out so that I don’t get bored.
Wanting to find some cute, trendy “lakey” items, I started my search. I was happy to find a bunch of fun options that all mixed and matched together. I also picked up a darling pair of black paper bag waist shorts to be worn with this striped linen blazer that I just had to have!
Are you heading somewhere for Memorial Day weekend? Here is a small summer getaway capsule perfect for your trip and all of it can be found for pennies at H&M! Even better, you can check out my highlights on Instagram to see a full try on session of all of these items and how to style them!
The Getaway Capsule Wardrobe-H & M
- Comfy palazzo pants- perfect for a cover up or which a fun top for a night out.
- Oversized button down blouse- for a cover up or or just to wear with jean shorts
- Loose fitting jean shorts- a need for your summer wardrobe anyways
- Off the shoulder top-wear with jean shorts, jean skirt, or your palazzo pants!
- Cozy logo sweatshirt-for cooler evenings or to wear around your waist as your summer 3rd piece!
- Logo t-shirt-t-shirt tie it up with shorts, pants or a skirt
- Ribbed Midi dress- black or a color that can be layered with sweatshirt or jean jacket
- Jean jacket-the greatest 3rd piece. Oversized is trending.
- Basic Tank-Black and a color to pair with everything
- Sun Hat
Now for the fun part, The Legends Outlet Malls and H&M partnered with me to give away $100 gift card to shop! Head over to my latest post on Instagram for details on how to win and to grab that perfect getaway capsule just in time for Memorial Day weekend!